With this package you save 10% compared to the individual products
The package is the perfect introduction to the wonderful world of wool nappies, for beginners and experienced cloth nappy users. It contains one wool cover of your choice, lanolin for greasing, a sample bag of green olive soap flakes, and five different inserts.
The wool cover is made of 100% organic merino wool. The snaps are attached in such a way that they do not touch the child’s skin. The cover must be combined with absorbing inserts and greased with wool fat (lanolin) before first use to get water-repellent. The cover may also fit over compact absorbent nappies.
The outer fabric consists of 100% finest organic merino wool from Mrs.BeAn. The fabric is dyed with vegetable dyes and knitted or spun in Germany. The main dyes used are madder root, mignonette, indigo, yellowwood, logwood, and redwood. A wonderfully natural fabric whose components are sustainably obtained and processed. Wool nappies made of pure wool are soft, stretchable, and extra tight due to the two layers of wool. As outer fabric we use three different types: Single jersey is a very thin and filigree fabric, whereas merino wool that is used for slings appears a litte bit thicker. Jacquard fabric is sewn in two layers and is hence even thicker than the other types. The cover is lined with either knitted wool, wool fleece, or fine boiled wool made of 100% organic merino wool. Wool is a stretchable fabric; see size guide why this is important to know.
Single jersey: Hearts, Juniper, Laburnum, Speckles, Waves
Jacquard: Apples, Dots, Flowers, Raindrops, Wolves
The wool cover is available in three sizes: Size 1 (ca. 4-7 kg), size 2 (ca. 7-12 kg) and size 3 (ca. 11-16 kg). Please note that the weight information of the sizes can only be an estimate, as the fit depends on the stature of the respective child. The type of outer fabric also makes a difference on how the nappy fits. Wool covers made from stretchable fabric tend to adapt better to the child’s stature and are suitable for stronger children. According to experience, they also fit longer than covers made from non-stretchy fabrics (e.g., pure cotton). Non-stretchy covers on the other hand are more likely to retain their shape and are recommended for slim children. If there are only a few but very absorbent inserts, wool covers made of non-stretchable fabrics are more suitable, as they give the nappy stability.
Possible combination of inserts
When combining absorbent inserts, there is a rule of thumb: Fast-absorbing cotton should always be in contact with the child, with hemp inserts placed underneath. Hemp absorbs more moisture than cotton, but relatively slow.
- The terrycloth flat is either folded along the long side (for size 1) or along the short side (for sizes 2 and 3) and directly placed in the cover
- For more absorbency, combine the terrycloth flat with a hemp booster underneath
- The hemp/organic cotton flat is placed directly in the wool cover. Fold the insert along the long side for covers of size 1 and along the short side for covers of sizes 2 and 3. Combine it with e.g., a cotton liner or muslin nappy on top. Pure cotton quickly absorbs moisture and directs it downwards where it is stored in the hemp insert.
- You can also place a hemp booster (short or long) underneath the hemp/organic cotton flat to increase absorbency
Scope of delivery
A wool washing soap is highly recommended for minor stains. The soap contains lanolin and greases the wool directly when it is washed. In the long term, over-greasing of the wool cover is hence avoided.
- The labels are made from organic cotton and printed with eco-friendly dye
- Note that the colours may look differently on your screen
- Processing time: 5-10 working days