Starter Package for Beginners
With this package you save 10% compared to the individual products
The package is the perfect introduction to the wonderful world of wool nappies, for beginners and experienced cloth nappy users. It contains one wool cover of your choice, lanolin for greasing, and five different inserts.
Jovoh wool covers are made either from pure organic wool or from a combination of organic wool and (organic) cotton fabrics. The snaps are attached in such a way that they do not touch the child’s skin. The cover must be combined with absorbing material (e.g., folding insert, prefold, or muslin nappy) and greased with wool fat (lanolin) before first use to get water-repellent. The cover may also fit over compact absorbent nappies; however, it will probably not manage large and voluminous night nappies.
The covers are either lined with knitted wool, wool fleece, or fine boiled wool made of 100% organic merino wool. The outer fabric is made from stretchable (organic) cotton jersey or pure (organic) cotton. For more details see list below under “fabrics”. You can also choose for velcro instead of snaps or send us your own favourite fabric.
The wool cover is available in three sizes: Size 1 (ca. 4-7 kg), size 2 (ca. 7-12 kg) and size 3 (ca. 11-16 kg). Please note that the weight information of the sizes can only be an estimate, as the fit depends on the stature of the respective child. The type of outer fabric also makes a difference on how the nappy fit. Wool covers made from stretchable fabric tend to adapt better to the child’s stature and are suitable for stronger children. According to experience, they also fit longer than covers made from non-stretchy fabrics (e.g., pure cotton). Non-stretchy covers on the other hand are more likely to retain their shape and are recommended for slim children. If there are only a few but very absorbent inserts, wool covers made of non-stretchable fabrics are more suitable, as they give the nappy stability.
Possible combination of inserts
When combining absorbent inserts, there is a rule of thumb: Fast-absorbing cotton should always be in contact with the child, with hemp inserts placed underneath. Hemp absorbs more moisture than cotton, but relatively slowly.
- The folded terrycloth insert is folded along the short side and placed in the wool cover
- For more absorbency, the terrycloth folded insert is combined with a hemp booster
- The hemp/organic cotton folding insert is placed directly in the wool cover. Fold the insert along the long side for covers of size 1 and along the short side for covers of sizes 2 and 3. Combine it with e.g., a cotton liner or muslin nappy. Pure cotton quickly absorbs moisture and directs it downwards where it is stored in the hemp insert.
Scope of delivery
- The labels are made from organic cotton and printed with eco-friendly dye
- Processing time: 5-10 working days
- Note that the colours may look differently on your screen
- A wool washing soap is recommended for minor stains. The soap contains lanolin and greases the wool directly when it is washed. In the long term, over-greasing of the wool cover is hence avoided.