First steps before use
Here are a few steps to take before using the covers and absorbent inserts.
- Wash the cover by hand or in the washing machine using the wool program at max. 30° Celsius
- You can use either conventional wool soap or olive oil soap (curd soap or soap flakes) for washing
- Then the wool cover can be greased directly
- To do this, follow the instructions under Care of wool nappies
- Express the cover in a towel, but do not wring
- Dry it flat on a drying rack
- It is recommended to grease the cover two times before first use
- Inserts must be washed several times before they achieve their full absorbency
- The rule of thumb is here about ten times
- You can speed up the process and soak the inserts in water overnight
- Then wash it in the washing machine at 40-60° Celsius
- You don’t necessarily have to wash the inserts ten times before using it. Then just remember that they’re not sucking enough yet.